How To Cook Marijuana-Infused Food For Medical Purposes
Medical cannabis is becoming more popular as people realize its benefits. If it is legal in your state, then you can visit the dispensaries and check out all the CBD infused edibles. However, the edibles available in the stores are full of many unhealthy ingredients like sugar. Therefore, many people choose to make their foodstuffs using CBD oil or cannabutter.
If you are considering cooking or baking cannabis-infused foods, then it might be a good idea to try planting as well. Although you can get marijuana leaves, oils, and butter from stores or online, it can be hard to trust the quality. You can quickly buy medical seeds and starting a small garden in the back yard, or even grow indoors.
Before You Begin
Before you start making oil-based products to mix in with food, it is essential to carry out the decarboxylation process. It would be best if you decarboxylated the weed buds to make them more potent. They will not have much effect otherwise. Follow the process given below:
- Preheat the oven to 110 degrees Celsius or 225degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place parchment paper in an oven-safe dish.
- Break the buds into smaller pieces and line in the dish. Make sure there are adequately spread and not mushed together.
- Heat for about 20 minutes. It should have a light to medium brown shade when being removed.
- Set it aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven again to 115 degrees Celsius or 240 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly break the cooled down buds and spread at the bottom of the dish.
- Adequately cover the dish with aluminum foil, and place in the oven for 60 to 90 minutes.
- Remove the dish and let it cool before taking off the foil. If it doesn’t have a powdery appearance, grind it in a food processor or a blender.
- Place it in an airtight glass container and store it in a dry place.
Cannabis-infused butter is famously used in many weed-infused recipes. It is mostly used in sugary foods like brownies or cookies. However, its use entirely depends on the cook’s dietary requirements. Patients that are suffering from various illnesses can make, or ask someone else, according to their needs. To get the best results, make sure to dose the butter properly. After that, use it as a substitute for regular butter.
Cannabis-infused oil is quite popular among many patients and caregivers that want to mix marijuana with almost everything, from salads to baked foods. Most oils are also vegan-friendly. They can be easily added to almost any savory food like steak or chicken. They also can be used as a healthier substitute for cannabis butter.
Canna Coconut Oil
Many patients love to use coconut oil in foods. Some machines carry out complicated processes to make cannabis coconut oils, but it can be easily done at home if you are willing to. It is as easy as steeping the quality herb in oil.