How to Make Beet Juice In Awesome Different Ways
Recently, beet juice is getting much attention in the fitness world. Beets have been found out to contain a great amount of organic nitrate. Nitrogen, it seems, works wonders not only in giving supercars the boost it needs but also in the human body!
If you know how to make beet juice, you can take regularly and enjoy its amazing health benefits! Really! It can boost your physical performance, lower your blood pressure, and give you incredible amounts of vitamins and minerals!
Why Drink Beet Juice?
First of all, beets are nutritious. That alone is enough to keep on drinking beet juice. For every cup of raw beets, you get around 60 calories, 13 grams of carbs, 2.2 grams of protein, almost 4 grams of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and dietary nitrates! Well, if that’s not awesome enough, here is what it does to your body.
1. Can Lower Blood Pressure.
In this controlled study, scientists found out that three hours after drinking beet juice, participants had a drop of up to 10mmHG in their systolic blood pressure! If you have an existing blood pressure anomaly, you can relate how much that 10 points mean. And mind you, this is safe and organic!
2. Gives a Healthy Glow.
The vitamins and minerals present in beetroot can help you maintain a healthy blood circulation. This optimized blood flow means that nutrients are efficiently delivered where they are needed! This can ultimately lead to better bodily function and resistance to illnesses!
3. Increased Endurance.
The main reason beets are getting this much attention is because of the nitrates it contains. These nitrates were found to increase the efficiency of oxygen consumption during exercise. This means less oxygen needed to perform strenuous tasks.
Essentially, this efficient usage of fuel (oxygen) by our body means that you can do more longer! The result, more laps, extended sprints, and lengthier mileage.
Different Types of Beets
There are different types of beets you could choose from. Though they taste alike, they have their distinct flavors. The common garden beets are named after their color.
1. Red/Purple Beets
These are the most common types of beets you can purchase. They are the most farmed type of beets, one of the reasons why they are the most common. This has the strongest flavor among the varieties.
2. Golden/Yellow Beets
This variety of beet has a milder flavor compared with the other forms. The color range from pale yellow to golden yellow. If you are not sure if you like beets that much, have this one instead for a mellower flavor.
3. Striped Beets
Well, this one is a fancy cultivar of beets. They have a candy cane like pattern when you open them! It’s also similar to a bull’s eye target pattern. It is a bit sweeter than the others, and they don’t bleed as much when you cut them! You don’t have to worry about staining your kitchen with purple marks!
Selecting the Best Roots
Having the freshest ingredient ensures that you will have the most nutritional value and the most juice! Fruits and vegetable produce loses some of its moisture while on display. The longer they stay on that grocery shelf, the more moisture they lose.
How to Make Beet Juice
To start extracting your own beet juice, well you will need a juicer. Ideally, a masticating juicer gives you a better yield and better juice quality. Masticating juicers do not oxidize your juice while on the process of extraction giving you the freshest extract.
The downside is, the price range can be expensive. A rotary juicer can do the job well too. Whatever juice you have available is okay.
#1. Plain Beet Juice
- 2 large beets (or 4 small beets)
Step by Step:
- Clean the beetroot thoroughly. Use a brush to remove the dirt from this tuber.
- With a sharp knife, trim the stem and the ends. If you feel like it, you can include the leaves of the beets to extract most of its nutrients.
- The skin of the beetroot is rich in fiber and minerals. It would be best if you will include the skin. If it’s too dirty for you, you can peel them as you like.
- After peeling your beetroots, you can cut them into quarters. If your juicer has a small opening, you may need to cut your beets into smaller pieces. If you feed your juicer with large portions, you may end up stressing your juicer and diminish its lifespan.
- Feed the beets to your juicer and start extracting the juice!
- Drink and enjoy! If you want it chilled, put it in the fridge for around thirty minutes before consuming it.
#2. Sweet Beet Juice
- 1 Large Beet
- 1 Apple
- 1 inch of cubed ginger
- 2 large carrots
Step by Step:
- Wash all your ingredients thoroughly. Carrots and beets come from the ground, so you want to scrub off most, if not all, its dirt.
- Trim the ends of and your beets and carrots.
- Again, you can choose to peel them or not. But I suggest you extract them with the skin. The skin is packed with minerals and other trace elements as well.
- Cut your carrots, beets, and apple into pieces that would fit the opening of your juicer. The smaller cuts you do, the easier it is for your juicer to extract them.
- Enjoy a delicious and nutrient rich juice packed with vitamins and minerals.
#3. Tropical Beet Juice
- 2 cups watermelon
- 1 large beet
- 1 cup pineapple
- ½ cucumber
Step by Step:
- Wash all ingredients thoroughly.
- Peel your ingredients if you don’t like them, but you can also leave them be.
- Cut and slice your watermelon, beet, cucumber and pineapple to small enough pieces to fit in your juicer.
- Carefully feed them in your juicer and extract the juice.
- Drink enjoy this yummy elixir! This is so refreshing! You should make more of this! I’m sure your friends will like it too!
Another Alternative Way
If you don’t have a juicer at home, you can use a power blender alternatively. You will just have to follow the method above with one additional step. After blending all your ingredients together, simply strain your yield with a cheese cloth. Give it a tight squeeze to get the most out of it!
Beets are currently getting much attention because of the great benefits it has especially for the active people! Research has proven that the nitrates it contains can boost performance and give consumers longer endurance! If you are not into synthetically made strength augmenting stuff, this is organic!
Choosing the right type of beets with the freshest quality is the key to making a delicious juice! Learning how to make beet juice is not hard at all! There are a many ways to enjoy beet juice. Having them plain is one old-fashioned way to go.
You can also mix some other fruits with them to make it more interesting. Have a taste of the tropics by mixing in tropical fruits. Make them sweeter by adding more sweet fruits if you can’t get enough sweetness!